Our custom made spring vibration isolators are designed for outdoor offshore and marine installations. The steel structure is often manufactured in steel S355J2G3 and painted according to offshore specifications. All other steel parts are typically in stainless steel AISI 316 covered with wax OKS2000.
The spring isolators are optimized for a very low resonance frequency, high environmental demands and external forces such as wind, waves, accidental loads etc. Depending on the choice of springs resonance frequencies from 3 to 6 Hz can be achieved.
The stiffness can be tuned by pre-compressing the builtin snubbers. This will also add damping to the isolators resulting in a lower amplification factor.
Maximum excitation amplitude: ± 1 mm
Temperature range: -90 °C to +300 °C
Elastic suspension of rotating machinery at >600 rpm – fans, compressors, generator sets, reciprocating machinery etc.
Protection of turbines, accommodation and office modules from vibrations and impacts.
We provide extensive technical support in the use of our products and systems. This can include:
▪ Material certificates (related to project requirements, lab tests etc.)
▪ Engineering results (computer calculations, on-site support etc.)
▪ Drawings in AutoCAD or Inventor (2D installation plans, 3D presentations etc.)
▪ Tests to evaluate mechanical and long-term behavior.
▪ Manuals for maintenance and installation.
▪ Welding licenses and weighting certificates.
With an extensive experience in the field, combined with use of modern tools, Vibratec are able to custom design spring isolators that meets high requirements of vibration isolation. Necessary calculations to ensure the performance of the system are regularly carried out. This can include:
▪ Mechanical strength analysis by Finite Element Methods(FEM).
▪ Modal analysis by use of Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) or Finite Element Methods (FEM).
▪ Load distribution calculations.
▪ Fatigue calculations.
▪ Resonance frequency and attenuation calculations.
▪ Calculation of fastening bolts or welds.